Plein Air Painting Workshop
In this two-day workshop, students will be working in color to paint the beautiful environs around the WKC. Lisbeth Firmin, known for her urban landscapes, will be leading the class and demonstrating before each session. Her approach is no drawing, just starting right in with big brushes and large areas of color.
Students can bring any medium to work in including oils, pastels, gouache or watercolor. Everyone should be able to produce two paintings a day.
Pre-registration is required. Limited to 10 participants.
Workshop: Plein Air Painting
Workshop Fee: $120 ($100 for WKC Members)
Dates: Saturday and Sunday, July 17 and 18
Where: West Kortright Centre (outdoors!)
Time: 10:00a - 4:00p
*Students should bring a picnic lunch.
MATERIALS TO BRING:
• Paints: Oil or Acrylic (please note that any water-based medium is also fine, ie gouache/watercolor)
• Painting Surface: several Masonite (untempered if possible) or wood panels, canvas boards or stretched canvases (gessoed)
⁃ Bring several supports of choice, you might be producing multiple studies & paintings each day
• Supplies: palette knife and portable palette, medium, turpentine, brushes (be sure to bring BIG brushes) & rags.
• A portable easel or a drawing board w/portable chair (we have chairs you can use too!)
• For water-based medium, watercolor blocks are good, water & cans, brushes, (again bring big ones).
• Wear old clothes and bring a hat w/a brim.
WKC is planning on all of the programs and events to be in-person and outside. We will be following NYS, CDC, and Delaware County guidance on Covid-19. If you would like further information, please email Administrative Coordinator Sarah Weigel at email@example.com. These schedules and guidelines are subject to change. Attendees will be notified of any changes. Changes will not conflict with state and county guidelines.