WKC 2021 EVENT FAQ + Code of Conduct
Thanks so much for your interest in our 2021 event season! We are working to make these events as safe, fun, and functional as possible, while operating within the ever-evolving state and local guidelines—which means a lot of things are different this year. For a smoother experience all around, please familiarize yourself with this FAQ and Code of Conduct.
Email email@example.com or call us at 607-278-5454 with any questions.
We are aware of (& excited about) the recent lifting of “virtually all” pandemic-related restrictions! With that, The West Kortright Centre has updated our guidelines, keeping in mind suggestions from the Delaware County Health Department, which is what guides The WKC Code of Conduct and seating logistics. Stay tuned for details!
Tickets are sold as singles or by the “pod”—a self-selected group of 2-8 people.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BUYING MULTIPLE SINGLES OR A POD?
Lawn “pods” are designated spaces marked off from general admission. The rest of the lawn tickets are general admission. (Children ages 12 & under are free for lawn general admission!)
Tent pods come with a table. General admission tent tickets are chairs-only.
WILL I BE ABLE TO SELECT MY POD BEFORE THE EVENT?
– Yes! Pods are advised to purchase tickets in advance. Walk-ups will be accommodated to the extent that available space allows. (Walk-ups should bring lawn chairs in case all picnic tables and tent seats are occupied.) We highly encourage Pod Guests to be in the same social or family pod on a regular day-to-day basis in order to stop the spread of COVID-19.
ARE CHAIRS INCLUDED WITH MY POD PURCHASE?
– All tables under the tent come with seating. Lawn tickets do NOT come with a chair— please bring lawn chairs, a ground covering, or blanket for your pod.
CAN I SQUEEZE AN EXTRA FRIEND AT MY TABLE OR SPACE?
– Pods are limited to the maximum listed on your ticket, including children. Please give us a call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to add more people to your pod.
CAN THE EVENT ACCOMMODATE ADA ACCESSIBLE GUESTS?
– Please email email@example.com to make arrangements prior to the show date, or call us at 607-278-5454.
I’M CONFUSED BY THESE RULES – CAN YOU ANSWER SOME ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
– Happy to help! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the show date, or call us at 607-278-5454.
CONTACT TRACING/HEALTH SCREENING
WHY DO I HAVE TO PROVIDE THE FULL NAME AND PHONE NUMBER/EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CONTACT TRACING?
– We have simplified the contact tracing form to just full name and phone number/email address so we will still be able to support Delaware County in their efforts in contact tracing if an outbreak does occur. The West Kortright Centre will only be using this information for Contact Tracing records. Ticket purchasers will provide this information while purchasing tickets online.
I MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19 AND MY COVID-19 TEST RESULTS HAVE NOT COME BACK YET, CAN I STILL COME TO THE EVENT?
– For the safety of the Delaware County community, guests, staff, and volunteers, if you have had any direct exposure to COVID-19 in the past fourteen (14) days please stay home until you have negative test results and completed the required quarantine period to ensure the safety of all show guests, staff and band.
I FEEL FINE AFTER HAVING A FEVER TWO DAYS AGO, CAN I STILL COME TO THE EVENT?
– Please stay home until you have a negative COVID-19 test or have no additional symptoms for 14 days.
DO I NEED TO SHOW A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST RESULT IN ORDER TO BE ADMITTED TO THE SHOW?
– No. If you have not had any direct exposure to COVID-19 within the fourteen (14) days prior to the show you are attending and are not experiencing any symptoms then you do not need to show a negative COVID-19 test result to be admitted. But again, if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the fourteen (14) days prior to the show you are attending then please stay home.
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
– All shows will go on rain or shine.
ATTENDING THE EVENT
DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK?
– In compliance with state and county safety guidelines, unvaccinated guests must wear a mask at all times, except when seated with your pod. Fully vaccinated attendees are encouraged to still wear a mask.
CAN I BRING MY OWN FOOD AND BEVERAGES?
– Outside meals are allowed at the shows.
CAN I SMOKE CIGARETTES IN MY POD?
– No. Second hand smoke has been shown to cause cancer so in the interest of your fellow concert goers’ health, we kindly ask that you refrain from smoking in your Pod or anywhere in the Concert Area.
CAN I USE A CANOPY OR UMBRELLA TO BLOCK THE SHADE BEFORE THE SHOW STARTS?
– Yes, regular umbrellas are allowed in case of rain, but please no large sun umbrellas or canopies as we kindly request that you do not block anyone else’s view of the stage.
I DON’T LIKE TO WEAR MASKS, CAN I STILL COME SEE THE SHOW?
– In compliance with county event safety guidelines, unvaccinated guests must wear a mask at all times, except when seated with your pod. Fully vaccinated attendees are encouraged to still wear a mask.
WHAT ABOUT MY POOCH?
– As fellow pet lovers we too hate leaving our little pet friends at home, but for the safety of all, pets are not allowed at the show. (We also have unexpected goat visitors sometimes, so it’s best if our pups stay home).
CODE OF CONDUCT
• We are following suggestions from the Delaware County Health Department — some guidelines are subject to change.
• If you are sick, running a fever or have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home until you are healthy.
• Please maintain 3 feet of social distance between yourself and those outside of your immediate quarantine circle. Pod Guests should be in the same social or family pod on a regular day-to-day basis in order to stop the spread of COVID-19.
• Please wear a mask, especially if you are unvaccinated.